Wednesday 2 September 2009

Starting with shoes

Excuse me whilst I take a break. I've been full of ideas these past few days and knitting all sorts of experimental dolly bits and pieces.




Don't you just love these chubby, rosie cheeked kiddies in Lucie Attwell illustrations. When I was a child I remember their little faces gazing down at me from the pictures on my bedroom wall and their smiles always cheer me.





I've often wondered if I could knit a little doll with similar features. Just look at those plump little legs and Mary Jane shoes. If I knitted a doll I knew she must have Mary Jane's. So that is where I decided to start.





And here are my experimental shoes. The orange one on the left was my first attempt and it wasn't even close to what I was trying to achieve. Blue shoe number two came a bit closer. Yellow number three was almost there and last night I completed red number four and think it's just right. So now I'm knitting a dolly to fit the shoe. Typical of me to work backwards! If the dolly works out well I'll be putting a PDF pattern of her (wearing Mary Jane's of course) in my Etsy shop....... dollytime.etsy.com