Monday 31 August 2009

A time to craft

All housework has been put to one side and I've spent the past week busily stitching.


And you'll be pleased to know I've at last finished writing my long promised mouse pattern. I've created versions of this little lady for many years and I'm now sharing the pattern, which I designed many moons ago, with anyone who cares to take a peek at my Etsy shop (see link in the sidebar).


Little Miss Mouse will sit snuggly in the palm of your hand and measures just 5 cm (2 in) tall. In festive colours she makes a great Xmas tree decoration (and won't object to sitting on prickly branches). In pink or blue she becomes a sweet keepsake for a new birth or baptism and in white she makes the perfect gift for bride and bridesmaids. This little one is busily knitting which is what I shall be doing for the next few weeks.


The russets, golds and deep magenta pinks of dahlias in the garden great me each morning when I draw back the curtains and so I've filled my basket with yarns in these hues hoping for inspiration!