Sunday 26 May 2013

New Doll Pattern


Seven little counting dolls
Climbed on a wooden gate


Another came to climb with them
So climbing dolls were eight


I've recently been having enormous fun making these little rascals and writing their pattern for my Etsy shop. I was originally only going to make two or three but the family quickly grew. They are such amusing little characters that I was unable to get off the dolly-go-round and eventually came to halt when I'd completed ten.


I've called them 'Little Counting Dolls' and each dolly is numbered so I'm hoping they could become fun learning toys for young children.

There is Velcro (hook and loop) tape on the hands which enables them to link together and create cute dolly bunting.


One little rascal decided she'd stick herself to a birthday card.



As the dolly making continued I found I had a little verse popping into my head and I knew I'd have to illustrate it. It starts with . . . . . 

One lonely counting doll
Wondered what to do


 . . . . . . . .   And so in storybook fashion the doll numbers increase one by one.


There are sailing dolls



Driving dolls


 . . . . . . . . and eventually we arrive at . . . . . . . 

Ten doodling dolls


Don't you just love those dolly doodlers! I'm rather sorry to have completed this little project as it's given me enormous fun. If you'd like to have a smiley time making these little dolls for youngsters you will find the pattern for the 'Little Counting Dolls' in my Etsy Flutterby Stitch shop. And guess what . . . . The pattern also includes the little verse which is fully illustrated.

I hope you are all having an enjoyable weekend