Wednesday 28 April 2010

Blue and white room makeover

I think you all know by now that I'm a big fan of blue and white china and have gathered quite a collection over the years. It fills my cupboards and, as you can see, I even have it climbing the walls.

Blueroom2_1
This is our breakfast room (next to the kitchen) and it's a room for all seasons. Cool and calming on hot summer days and toasty warm in winter when the wood burning stove is alight.
The old pine dresser in there holds even more blue and white

Br4_1
and the door knob matches too!
Knob_1
Sadly the pretty wallpaper that has served us well for a number of years is now looking quite 'tired' and there has been much discussion for a while about whether to choose more paper or simply paint the walls white..... We've chosen and paint option and so.....

Wallpaper3_1
 yesterday I removed all the china from the walls and mantle.
Emptied the dresser.
Dresser_1
 And began peeling off the paper.
Wallpaper1_1
The job won't be an easy one as the paper has a vinyl coating.
Wallpaper2_1

Removing wallpaper is definitely one of my least favourite jobs, and clearing up afterwards is even worse, but hopefully the new room will be worth the effort.
Meanwhile, I thought you'd like to see the little twins that I made with the yarn I showed you last week

Jj2_1
I've named them Jack and Jill although they are a little too young at the moment to venture up the hill to fetch a pail of water! As always the pattern is in my Etsy shop.
Back to paper stripping........