Monday 26 September 2011

Beautifully upcycled

One piece of advice will always remind me of my mum and dad.

"Don't throw it away because you never know when it might be useful."

How right they were! One person's 'junk' is very definitely another person's 'treasure' and my parents kept cupboards full of treasured bits and bobs of every shape and size. As a result they were able to create, repair and rebuild all kinds of things over the years. Sadly my parents are no longer here but I know they would have been amazed and delighted to see some of the beautifully crafted pieces of jewelry that are featured on Etsy these days. All cleverly utilise upcycled materials. Here are just a few of my favourites.


Necklace and bracelet by Dishfunctional Designs (uses broken china)
  

 

Necklaces by Mermaids Tears Jewelry (uses sea glass)
  


Necklace by Button Soup Jewelry (uses vintage buttons)



Bracelet and necklace by The Key of A (uses keys of all types)




Ring by London Particulars (uses vintage watch parts)


My final choices are created from vintage silver spoons. They are all made by LTCreates Jewelry 


Bracelet



Watch



 Variety of rings


If you have an upcycled favourite that is featured on Etsy feel free to leave the name of the shop in the comments box, I'd love to take a look.