Monday 4 October 2010

Posies, pirates or ABC

Although both my children now have their own homes their old bedrooms still contain remnants of their childhood years. I'm currently decorating my son's old room and have been deliberating long and hard about which colours to use. The walls and paintwork are white but a number of colourful old toys sit on the shelves. I now use the room for my growing family of knitted dolls and craft items and so have set my heart on primary colours as opposed to the pastel pinks and blues I normally prefer. 

On a recent visit to a local curtain shop I spotted this wonderful pirate themed fabric in the colours I've been looking for.


And so today I borrowed the book of fabric samples and here it is beside the window with one of my daughter's model ships to add atmoshere. 

Oh dear! Here is another fabric in the same goreous zingy shades.


Which to choose?

Let's ask Tilly and Kate to put their heads together and give it some thought.


Taking the fabric to the window Kate indicates that this is the design they prefer.


Do you agree?

But that's not the end of the story. Whilst in the shop I found some pretty pinks and blues that would suit my daughter's old bedroom. The room also needs new curtains so I borrowed the sample book.


She's a Brambly Hedge sort of person and her old room reflects that so I reckon one of these would be just right........ Pink or blue?


Or perhaps I could use both.


What do you think?


Note about the fabrics:-
The pirates and alphabet fabrics are from the 'Pirates and Princesses' collection produced by Prestigious Textiles
The pink and blue florals and stripes are from the 'Secret Garden' collection by Ashley Wilde