Saturday 24 October 2009

A busy old week

Well folks, it's been a busy old week with one thing and another. Just doing this and that and not really achieving anything in particular.

Attkn_1

Sunday was a frustrating knitting day. I seemed to spend more time pulling back than actually knitting.

Attrain_1

Monday I braved torrential rain and went shopping

Attbo_1

Tuesday turned cold and before going to bed I filled my trusty hot-water bottle.

Attwcha_1

Wednesday I received the wonderful news that my oldest school friend had become a grandma for the first time.

Attsl_2

Thursday night was cold again and this time I filled the trusty bottle and put an extra blanket on the bed....very snug!

Attcr_2

Friday was a 'shopping for the weekend' day and as usual hubby and I got seriously frustrated by the huge number of pedestrians who step off in front of the car and wander aimlessly across the road.

Attpho_1

Saturday. Out with the camera and take a few pics for the blog.

In case you hadn't guessed I'm a bit of a Mabel Lucie Attwell fan. Her innocent world of chubby children and fairies is one that has always appealed to me!

Attwellmug_1

A very lucky fairy band
Got a lift to fairyland

Attwellplate_2

If I had a fairy
How jolly it would be.
I'd bathe him in a tea cup
And take him walks with me.

Attwellannual_1

I don't have many Lucie Attwell books but love my 1944 annual and there are 51 more to collect!
Before I go I must thank Julie at Yummy Miniature Foods who kindly gave me an award. Do call in and look at the tiny doll sized morsels this talented lady makes, they are amazing. It is something I have always wanted to do so I'm very envious of her skills.